Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Registry Adventures

I had every intention of taking pictures of our adventures in registry land but...I'm pretty sure the moment I mentioned it to Clay he was ready to walk out of the store. 


We started at Williams-Sonoma one early Saturday morning and had a great experience. We walked around picking out everything we really wanted or needed and nothing we didn't care to have. Somehow, we ended up with about 6 cookbooks so we did cut a few of those out. I had found a coupon in a bridal magazine a friend of mine bought me that scored us a free Bride and Groom Cookbook! I was pretty excited about that. 


Our next store was Pottery Barn because we thought it would be easy. The reason we were registering at PB to begin with was to register for dishes. The design we picked out comes in a few different colors so we decided to get 4 place settings in each. When we were at the store, we registered for 4 dinner plates, 4 cereal bowls etc. When I went to check our register online I realized that only in the store can you purchase individual dishes. Online everything is purchased in a set. To add to the confusion, the blue dishes were no longer being sold in store but only online (yet, that still haven't appeared online.) In the end, we decided to register for 8 settings of the white along with 4 settings in green and 4 settings in yellow and hopefully we will be able to trade a white set for blue. 


I think I was most excited about Crate and Barrel and I don't even know why! I love the store and the prices. Here we registered for our flatware and all of our glasses. C&B was the easiest store to register at, we didn't have to sit down with anyone and hear why we should create a registry with them, we were just handed a gun and off we went. Picking out flatware out was a battle but in the end Clay let me pick since I care about that type of thing. We also registered for a lot of white serving dishes a some really neat cooking tools that we are excited about. 


The last place we went together was Bed, Bath and Beyond. Not my favorite store in the world but I understand that most people have one near them. I don't like BBB because 1. the packaging (I know, stupid but I think it's ugly!) and 2. everyone goes to BBB when they see it on someone's registry list. We really didn't register for too many things here. The main thing is our pots and pans which we couldn't be more excited about. I currently hate what I have. 


Yes, we have one last store to conquer but Clay is leaving that task up to my mom and me. Macy's! I will be registering for China among a few other things since Macy's is a popular store among my family.  Hopefully we will knock Macy's out this weekend!


We did register at 5 stores (I HATE saying that) but...we don't have a huge list at each store. Crate and Barrel is by far the largest while Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn don't have very many things at all. We really did choose things we wanted or needed and didn't add anything just so that the list would be larger. 


My suggestions on registering.


1. Have a list of what you are looking for. If not, you will leave things off and end up registering for things you will never use. 


2. One store a day and go early! The earlier the better because no one else will be in the store. 


3. Let the guy hold the gun. For one, Clay was much better at it than I was but it also will kept him occupied! And, between the gun, a purse and a list, I couldn't hold it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails