Somewhere in our wedding planning we made the decision not to have our rehearsal at our venue. There was no reason to tote our guests downtown, on a Friday, during rush hour for a 20 minute rehearsal. Instead, we will have it at our hotel. Easy-peasy. Once this decision was made it really opened up our options for where to host our rehearsal dinner.
Today I met Clay's mom at Urban an American Grill inside The Westin where our guest will be staying. One word...a-mazing.
I knew that I would like the food, the food at the grand opening was great. The hotel and restaurant is beautiful and I remember when I first saw their private dinning space I said this would be a great place for our rehearsal dinner.
We started lunch off with a mango, avocado and shrimp salad. Wow. It was so good. Like his mom said, I would have never ordered it and it was really amazing.
We each ordered a different entree. I ordered steak to check it our for Clay and Donna ordered the Salmon. Our Salesperson then ordered the scallops for the table. They were all great and I think Clay would approve of the steak. The portion was huge! I thought the scallops where the best and so simple.
For dessert we had the doughnuts holes (crazy, I know) and creme brulee. The creme brulee was great but the donuts were surprisingly outstanding. There is nothing like fresh hot doughnut holes.
Clay's mom booked the dinning room for our rehearsal dinner and I couldn't be more excited. It is going to be a great way to start off our wedding weekend.
As for what we will be dinning on for our actual rehearsal dinner...that will be decided closer to the date when Clay can join us and we can enjoy a nice tasting.
Sounds YUMMY! Can not wait!
ReplyDelete