Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Ring {Part 2}

Right after we were engaged, our lives were pretty busy.  We didn't have time to drive to Houston to finish the ring. 

A few weeks passed and I started to get really antsy and really wanted to finish my ring. We finally decided that we would drive to Houston early one morning so that I would get back before I needed to be at work.

I called the jewelry shop that we were recommended to and asked if I need to make an appointment. I was told no and then I asked if I could make one anyways. I was told no again. Ok then! I called three times before we actually made the trip up to Houston to make sure that the guy we were told to work with would be in and they said yes.

We drove to Houston early one morning and were there right when they opened. We walked in, pictures in hand, and asked for our guy.

He wasn't going to be in today.

Clay was about ready to walk out, I was lost and confused, and there we stood, 3 hours away from Austin, not knowing what to do.

Finally, we decided that we would start working with someone else.

Clay and I took a look at what they had and just like every other jewelry store, they didn't have what we were looking for. We decided that the best option would be to purchase an eternity band and cut it in half. We picked the diamonds for the band and suddenly it was all over and time to leave my ring with the store. 

It was really scary leaving Houston, without my ring and really not knowing what my ring would look like. 

A few days later I received an email with pictures of my ring.

My heart sank, it was absolutely perfect. If I wasn't in a public place, I would have screamed and jumped up and down. 

A few days later, my ring arrived at my parents house.  It was like getting engaged all over again!



1 comment:

  1. Let's just say...Clay and I are both very happy this part of the planning is over. It was very stressful. Ask him...he will agree with me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails